Monday, April 6, 2009

We're having an "IT"

So for those of you who know me, you know that I am not one of those people who waits until birth to find out the sex. No way man, I am all about knowing, I want to buy clothes, mentally prepare, have a name etc. But by no choice of my own I may have to wait until birth to find out. You have no idea what this is doing to me. I feel like my skin is crawling and there is this unsettling feeling inside me not being able to know. We had our ultrasound this morning, baby is healthy (and when it comes down to it that is really the most important) but I still want the sex. The ultrasound tech said it was just too hard to tell the sex of the baby because the umbilical cord was just getting in the way of everything she could see down there. So I think next time I go to the doctor I may ask "do I get another chance to find out?" Maybe he will take pity on me and do a quick sonogram or something. I don't know how people do it who don't find out.

14 comments:

PatrickandErica said...

I'm totally with you -you gotta know! Hope you find out soon!

Bethany said...

dangit!!!! that is so hard, you have GOT to ask for a second chance! we find out next week, i hope we don't have a stubborn umbilical cord!

Talai said...

Oh no! I really couldn't wait to hear if it was going to be a girl or a boy. I'm so sorry you couldn't find out today. I would be so dissapointed. I'm sure they will let you have another chance. It just doesn't seem fair if they don't!

Danica said...

that stinks!! make a big fuss - the docs seem to take those ladies more seriously. :)

Lindsey Bell said...

That would drive me crazy too! Especially after you count down the days until you get to find out! I hope he takes pitty on you!

Eliza said...

So sad for you...and for me! I was excited to find out too! I always get so excited about other people's ultrasounds. Really!

Well, there's always the places in the mall, although I don't know how many of those there are out here and I also don't know how much they cost. And I also had a friend who went to one, they said she was having a boy and it turned out to be a girl! haha.

I know...I know...I am not helping. But I really am sorry! That's so frustrating!

The Ballard Family said...

Oh no!!! Just the naming process alone takes me the whole second half of the pregnancy. My friend told me there is this urine test that you can buy online that is supposed to tell you the sex. Sounds sort of fishy to me though. If it were me, I would probably break down and spend the cash on Fetal Fotos or something. I do not buy into the "I feel like it's a girl" routine. No way.

Ben and Summer said...

Oh NOOOO! That's horrible! I HOPE hope hope you find out soon:) Congrats on a healthy one, though!

Taunya said...

I'm with you too. I just have to know so that I feel like I can get organized. I hope you get another chance.

Stefany said...

Oh man Smash, that would drive me crazy! Pull the crazy pregnant lady card at your next appointment and maybe they'll feel sorry and try one more time. :)
I'm glad to hear that little baby Willis is healthy though!

Stef

Janelle said...

I'm so sorry, you guys! I can imagine that must be so hard to not know when you were counting down the days until you could find out. I'm crossing my fingers the doctor will be understanding next month!

Janelle said...

Of course, you could always just do the whole hang-your-wedding-ring-from-a-swinging-string and see which direction it goes. I heard that one is pretty reliable in the medical community. I would certainly trust it before painting the whole nursery blue or pink. :)

Alisha said...

It will be the best surprise of your life at birth. Yippee!

Nat-a-baby said...

I bet you have another girl. that's my vote... even though your poll was closed. I hope it's going well!