Sunday, May 8, 2011

Back to the Mother Land



I know this is now a month over due, but that is how I roll. We got adventurous and took a road trip back to VA last month. We decided to make it a tradition to run the Ukrops 10k every year in Richmond. Its a fun race and a good excuse to see friends and family, so we packed our bags and headed north. The drive was long, and as soon as we arrived Makenzie and I decided to drive a little further in order to see our old friends in DC. It was so good to see everyone and to catch up. It was great to see Makenzie play with her old friends who she loves and misses so much. She keeps telling me "mom I want to play with my old friends." I think she will look forward to our yearly trips to VA, just so she can play with her buddies. Thanks to all my great friends for feeding me, housing me, meeting up for dinner. I had a great time and miss you all so much. After 20 hours in DC we headed back to Richmond for some family fun. We had a great time going to the park, eating all of great grandma bohj's wonderful cooking, celebrating Kenzie's birthday, and running our race. I shaved 2 minutes off my time from last year. Lee got knocked out of first place by Jimmy who improved by like 15 minutes from last year (unfortunate foot problem last year). All together we all did better than last year and had a great time. And everyone was walking after the race this year. Lee will probably come back with a vengance next year, it almost killed him to get beaten by his younger brother. Thanks for the great times guys.

5 comments:

Talai said...

Oh, you had to remind me of the short time you spent here. It's torture I tell you! Come back! Come back! We all miss you, especially me. We're headed to the beach in a few weeks and it won't be the same without you! Love you!

Tom said...

Sounds Fun! Way to go everyone! We miss yall. Congrats again on the run. Keep it up.

Jimmy and Charina said...

That was so fun! Next year. Maybe you'll PR by 2 minutes again??

Denisse said...

Ash! I'm so sad I missed you! I had Scott's grandma and aunt in town all of that week! Glad you guys had such a fun time!:)

Alisha said...

I was wondering how the 10K went. Glad everyone could walk away from the finish line this year.

Thanks for visiting with us too. I think Genevieve might die from a broken heart, espeically now that Essence is gone.