So no picture here because Lee just changed around everything on the pude again and I can't even begin to know how to find them. Anyway, life is well underway. We have been in our house for 2 months now. Finally I think we are mostly done. There will always be those "house projects" but really, we are in. Still a few things to put on walls etc but it looks and feels like a home. Since then Makenzie has started Kindergarten. In fact we've been going for a month now so we are pro's. She is doing great. Loves her teachers, love her friends, loves the bus. Life is good. Now if only something could wear her out. Seriously, the girl is an energizer bunny. She never stops. I have to wake her up at 6am everyday and she pushes all the way until 8pm no problem. Even then she's fighting sleep. Then there is Austin who has trained himself to get up at 5:30am and I want to die. My kids won't sleep. And now I am about to add number 3. As if I need another kid who doesn't sleep.
So that brings us to now. We are just waiting for number 3 to arrive. Any day now really. Am I excited, yes and no. Is this terrible to think? The other day Lee and I were talking and he goes "we planned this right? We sat down and had a conversation about having another child right?" And in my head I was thinking... I know, what were we thinking. Then today Austin goes "Mommy I don't want a baby." Then Makenzie heard that and goes, "I don't know if I want a baby either." These are all comments that a pregnant woman should not be hearing a week before her due date. Now I'm thinking.. "what the crap are we doing?" We will love this baby right? Am I alone in having a hard time wrapping my mind around loving another child. I love my 2 children so much, what if I don't love the 3rd? If I am this much of a crazy person right now, I am doomed in 3 weeks. Anyway we will keep you posted on the arrival of our hopefully bundle of joy.
4 comments:
Luckily the baby will be just that - a bundle of joy and you'll all be surprised at how much you love it. Good luck...I don't envy your sleepless nights one bit. Did I say Good luck yet? Miss you!
I agree with Alisha. We are living the transition to three right now, it's a "thrill". It took Christian and Emily a little while to adjust to Madilyn. Emily took it the hardest, but everyday it gets better. The kids will love the new baby, if not at first in time. Emily didn't want to bring Madilyn home from the hospital, just me. And now instead of having to try and keep Emily from hurting Madilyn, we have to keep her from showering too much love on her. Good luck! We all love and miss you guys!
Man! I can't believe Austin gets up that early! Hopefully you'll hit the jackpot on little babies and this one will sleep like a log--always. Can't wait to see him!!
oh I have been there my friend!!
I haven't checked your blog in a while so I am a little late to the party. HOWEVER. Let me just say. The transition to 3 was very very very hard for me. But it didn't last forever. And as far as whether it's possible to love the third as much...honestly, Lars is my favorite. There, I said it. He is my favorite and he will be my favorite until he is old enough to talk back to me. Then they'll all be on equal ground again. Probably.
Now my kids are 5, 4, and 16 months it is more fun at our house than it has ever been. Everyone sleeps, pretty much (although no one really naps). There is hope. :) Enjoy your newborn though! Those times are sweet too, in their own way. ;)
Post a Comment