

So it snowed, it snowed a lot. In fact it couldn't have snowed at a worse time for our family. Lee's brother's wedding just happened to be planned for the day we received record December snowfall. I mean it was snowing. We had about 30 inches on our deck. Anyway, the only people who were able to attend the actual ceremony were Lee's Brothers and Parents, and Charina (Bride) sisters and her parents and two friends who happened to be in the right place at the right time. No in-laws, no kiddos, no reception, no photographer, basically they were lucky to be married. The picture of Kenzie and I decorating the gingerbread house bring bittersweet feelings, we should have been at a wedding reception while we were decorating this house, only were snowed in and it was canceled anyway. Here is the car it took Lee 3 hours to dig out, and then we needed a push to get off the ice. So that was fun.

Here is Austin with Baby Jack. This is our newest Nephew and what a cutie he is. While family was up for the wedding we got to attend Jack's baby blessing. The boys meaning Lee and his brothers (I call them boys because whenever they get together they resemble just that) had a great time playing basketball, while the girls (actual little girls Makenzie and Cousins) got to run around and have cousin time. I would post more pictures but I put them in a weird place in my computer and I don't know how to get to them without Lee's help. Out of the whole week we had planned together we only got to see the family for a few brief periods due to weather.


So after our winter storm we braved the airport (after two days of canceled flights) we were one of the first flights to take off again and let me tell you, without accidentally cutting in front of the entire line at the airport we wouldn't have made our flight out to Utah. We started out our trip a little crazy but once we got to Utah we had a great time. We were lucky enough to visit old friends. The first night we were together we had dinner with Julie and Will and Brad and BrieAnn. It was so much fun, just like old times, like no time had gone by at all. Brad made my favorite tacos and we were able to just relax and enjoy our time together. Thanks guys for putting on such a fun get together it was so good to see you. I was also blessed to see all my old college buddies Jessica, Adri, Rachel, and Danica. What are the chances that almost all my old friends were in UT for Christmas and able to hang out. It was great, life has sure taken us all down different roads but it was so nice to be together again and laugh and talk like old times.





Actual Christmas day was a blast. It was fun to visit my parents and siblings in UT. It was also fun this year because Kenzie seemed to have a better understanding of what was going on. Santa brought her and me some pretty awesome stuff. Note the matching aprons. This would be because Kenzie is my leach in the kitchen. She is constantly asking "Mommy can we make dinner?" She takes a very active roll in helping me in the kitchen. It is fun and a little annoying at the same time. Lee and Austin thought these would be perfect for us, and they are we love them!
Also this Christmas I had an age check. Pretty sure I must be 17 because Lee got me the Glee soundtracks and an Edward Cullen Poster. Did I ask for either of these? No!! But I totally love them. I told Lee that I was hanging the poster up (trying to call his bluff). He seemed thrilled with the idea that I was going to Hang Edward somewhere in our house. I was a little baffled because I am pretty sure he is on team Jacob. Anyway as soon as you walk into our front door you are greeted by Edward himself. Don't believe me, come on over!
Also Makenzie got the gifts of a life time. She got her own Jewelry and Makeup set. Mistake you might ask? Enh, I'm not sure yet. It can be a little annoying, but overall it really isn't very messy and if she wants to make herself look like a clown, I don't really care, it keeps her entertained and out of my hair just long enough for me to put on my real makeup. Her older Cousins took the liberty of making her beautiful, she thought that was the best. Thanks Taylor and Kate for making Makenzie's day. Austin had a good Christmas as well. Although he had no clue what was going on he was just happy to be alive and have lots to look at. He is the best baby and we couldn't be happier to have him in our lives.



Last but not least we were able to spend New Years Eve with our long lost friends Shannon and Jared and their kids Kailee and Allie. We adore them and had a great time. We had a killer dance party, played some ping pong, ate some good food and made our way into 2010 dancing, talking, being awesome etc. Kenzie and Kailee also had a great time at our dance party. They knew each other as babies and quickly reunited as old friends, you can see they took an immediate liking to each other. It was a great way to ring in the new year.
We were really blessed this Holiday season to be among family and friends and those we love. I am so grateful for the birth of our Savior and all the blessings it brings into my life. I am sad to see December go as we enter January and February, (I deem them the 2 worst months of the year) but I hope to plan some killer activities so we don't all sit in our houses and almost go crazy. So even though it is now January, Merry Christmas everyone and Happy 2010, May it rock!!
6 comments:
Looks like a fun time! It was so fun to see you, I love that we could get together for the first time in years and still talk and laugh like old times. Happy New Year!
I was wondering what happened with the wedding. Glad they were lucky enough to get married that day! At least they will have a story to tell :) So glad you had such a great time! Love all the pics!
You are the cutest little mom on the planet!
Looks like you had a great break! Boy, I would have loved to join that dance party. Aaron and I were laying in bed like 10 minutes before the New Year and we gave up trying to stay up. 10 MINUTES! So your 17 again and I'm like 80.
Where'd Lee get the aprons? I want some! I want an Edward poster too... maybe Jacob instead! That's hilarious that he's hanging up in your house! You fit in great with the YW I bet! Good thing there was 2 cameras at the tasty shoppe b/c your pic. stinks! lol Check out the one I took on my blog. Both our girls are actually looking at the camera! Miss you already! I'm so glad you guys are still the bomb dizzle!! "Come Away With Me"...on a cruise!! lol
Wow, you really did have a packed December. I've been meaning to call you to see how your Utah Christmas was. It sure was good to see you and Lee when we were there in VA. Too bad we pretty much never saw you though (it seems). I'll have to get that picture of Jack from you. Austin looks like he could swallow him up. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment