Thursday, November 18, 2010

Halloween



So I thought I should probably post about Halloween before Thanksgiving, which is next week, what the heck? I swear, Halloween was yesterday, yet all the stores have Christmas stuff out (and have since Nov 1.) This really is a confusing time of year, if I was visiting from another planet I would think humans were crazy. Another random holiday thought, I don't think Thanksgiving gets enough play, I mean sure it is the most boring of the 3, but come on, day after Halloween and I can't find a cute turkey or pilgrim to buy but I've got my pick of every Santa or nutcracker in the world, just seems wrong to me.
Anyway, back to Halloween. So every year I try and think of the best costume ever, and every year I come up short. This year I thought I had done it, I thought I was a creative pop-cultural genius. I guess I wasn't because no one at our Trunk or treat knew who I was except the cutest 13 year old down syndrome girl I've ever met, and one other friend. Trick or treating we had a little more luck, but still only a handful of people met our Halloween genius and enthusiasm with Glee. But I'll let you be the judge. Most people thought we were rappers, someone said Brittany and K-fed, I was like huh? So gold stars to whoever recognizes our Halloween genius. Even though only a few people appreciated our costumes, I still think we looked awesome!!
For those of you who know me well, you know that Halloween has a special place in my heart, and now the heart of my daughter (I swear I didn't brain wash her). It all started a few years ago when we got a catalog in August with Halloween costumes. Makenzie became obsessed with it and then began her search for Halloween. We had a good year, partcipating in everything possible having to do with the fall and Halloween and since then, every August Makenzie starts asking about Halloween. This year she was a witch, I made her costume, it just seems like the right thing to do when it comes to Halloween. She and her friends had a great time trick or treating in the neighborhood, it was a lot of fun to watch them have such a good time, reminded me of all the great Halloween memories I have. Here's to Halloween, we had a blast!!

4 comments:

Michelle J. said...

You guys look great. I'm going with Glee?

Critchfield fam said...

Have no idea, but you guys look AWESOME!!! Please tell!

Anonymous said...

I recognized those shirts! I think thats my favorite song from this season. Where did you find those? Smash you are teeny! Way to go!

Jimmy and Charina said...

I give up...Either way you guys look awesome. (especially you, Ash, you look HOT!) I can't believe you made Kenzie's costume. Look at you in your craftines!