Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The First Snow


I thought it didn't really snow here on the East Coast. I am used to Utah and figured I may never see snow again. Turns out it snows (sometimes). It only stuck for a day or two, but it was awesome. Makenzie just watched in awe. Snow here isn't like Utah where they have it plowed off the roads and life continues, here everything shuts down and people freak. It is great. That is what a snow day should be like. Life should not continue on a snow day. A snow day should consist of sledding, drinking hot chocolate etc. Don't get me wrong I love snow as much as the next kid, but I hate snow when I have to tromp through 3ft of it to get to class a mile away and freeze my little nubbins off to do it.
For example: True Story; Winter finals last year my first final fell on a Saturday morning at 7am, for goodness sake a Saturday?... Anyway Friday night there was no snow, Saturday morning I wake up with just enough time to put some clothes on and drive to my building. Well I walk outside, no joke like 3 ft of snow. I was flabbergasted. I had like 10 minutes before my final started so I ran back inside, put on my winter clothes (keep in mind I was also 6 months pregnant at the time) ran to the car and started just knocking snow off of it. In a fruitless effort I realized I had lost the battle with the snow and there was no way I was getting my car out of that parking lot so I started running. 6 months prego running down the snow filled icy street. Stupid, probably but I had a final. I got about 100 yards down the street when one Shawn Ballard saw me and picked me up and drove me to my final. He quite possibly saved my life and Makenzie's life that day. He told me "I can't bare watching a pregnant women run down the street in the snow." And so I made it to my final, and I ended up getting an A in the class so the story has a happy ending! Happy Snow everyone. May all our Christmas' be white!

5 comments:

PatrickandErica said...

Wow -what an image! I only wish I had been there to see it -and maybe offer you the ride after regaining my composure!
I'm jealous you have snow! But we will see it in Utah for the holidays! Makenzie's getting so big and cute! I hope you love being a mommy too!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I stumbled upon your blog, and it looks like your three are doing great. Makenzie is gorgeous. Where are you these days? What's new? You can visit mine and Karim's blog at chrisandkarim07.wordpress.com.

New Beginnings. said...

I totally remember that day- I had a final at 7am that day and one at like 6 or 7 pm that night- it was ridiculous.

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

She looks so cute bundled up. And thank goodness for Shawn Ballard!

Sabs said...

hee hee funny story! You should have got an A just for showing up:) How exciting...Kensie's 1st Christmas! SHe's so adorable. When do I get to see her in person??? I'd be willing to dress up as Santa so you could get that pic if you came to visit me!:)