Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Solo Christmas


Lee and I had a great Christmas together. This was our first time being completely alone. The only family we had was Makenzie. It was actually really awesome. We spent a lot of time with friends and I found it easier to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. Plus it was pretty relaxing. We got to do a lot of fun things. Christmas eve we spent the night with the Ludlows and the Johansons. We ate steak and acted out the nativity with everyone's kids. I never did that growing up so that was special for me. Then we read Makenzie the Night before Christmas and she loved it.
Makenzie loved everything about Christmas, the gifts, the paper, the boxes, the tree. I think she wishes everyday could be Christmas. So do I sometimes. It took us most of the day to open presents and then Makenzie took a 3 hour nap. Then we spent Christmas dinner with the Yoders and Arangos. It was fun. We celebrated a spanglish Christmas. We played do you love your neighbor in Spanish. It was interesting.

5 comments:

Adri said...

It looks like you guys had a very good Christmas! How nice to stay home and hang out as a family. Soon I think we'll do that too. Makenzie looks like she was loving it!

The Ballard Family said...

I love Makenzie's face as she is admiring her new present! She is so cute. She definitely wins the Baby Gap photos competition if I were judging it! That sounds like you had a really great Christmas. How cool that you went to DC for New Year's Eve too!

Ben and Summer said...

Great blog! I stole your address off of Will and Julie's - hope you don't mind! Makenzie is SO AORABLE! Christmas as a little family sounds wonderful. We are excited you're doing well. Check us out at familykaufman.blogspot.com:)

Unknown said...

Where was Lee's family?
Very nice though!!!!

Critchfield fam said...

We miss you guys! I wish Kailee and Makenzie could play together. :(