Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Choking Hazard?


Makenzie has decided that things in pieces can't taste good. I mean why would I cut something up and give it to her when I could leave it in its HUGE natural form. For example, why break apart crackers, why cut up fruit. In fact she won't eat it if it has been altered. So I have just been giving her whole strawberries, she seems to be just fine. The other day in nursery she ate an entire animal cracker in one bite. I guess I should be worried but I am mostly just amazed.

3 comments:

Critchfield fam said...

At least she doesn't choke... Kailee seems to choke on anything big... even crackers. I have to break everything up. I miss you :(

The Ballard Family said...

Hadlie prefers her crackers and strawberries whole too and she doesn't even have ONE tooth. My anxiety has pretty much subsided though because the only time she even gags is when she sticks her finger clear to the back of her throat. Charming, right? Yeah, especially after the 15th time in a row! Kids are so funny.

Eliza said...

I definitely wouldn't be worried. Then again I am a bit of a renegade and I have always given T-dog big old pieces of food. For awhile he would not accept apple pieces, only the entire apple. Luckily he has never choked or even gagged. I think with something like animal crackers or strawberries, you can't lose. Animal crackers dissolve and strawberries are easy to chew even without teeth.