Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cruise anyone?


Anyone who hangs out around me on a regular basis will vouch for me, my sanity is slowly fading. I have been in my apartment for the last year with a baby, no end in sight anytime soon. So I told Lee if he ever wanted to have more children we were going to have to take a tropical vacation first. It's now or never. So I've been doing my research. I hoped to go somewhere this summer but because I prices, and lack of planning it may not happen, so I have skipped ahead to the future. Anyone wanna go on a cruise in January/Februaryish? I know all you Wymounters said in 5 years, I can't wait that long, I may die first. Prices are pretty good, I was thinking Carribean or Bahamas type of deal. Does anyone know anything about cruises, been on one? Have any suggestions? Where should I go, where should I not go? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I figured this is ample time to give people a heads up. If your curious about my finds email me, I'll give you more info.

7 comments:

Sparks Family said...

First off If you go on a cruise... they all pretty much leave from Ft. Lauderdale with a few exceptions in Miami.
Future warning... if we find out you went on a cruise and didn't stop by you'll be on our hit list!!!! You can even crash with us the night before!!!!

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

Laura sounds like a plan, we'll let you know when we go, I'm still working on Lee, he only partly knows we might be going.

Critchfield fam said...

You are hilarious. I honestly doubt we can go so soon... we'll have a 6 month old and we'll be poor...still. Maybe next fall or the following winter. I have no idea about Kenzie's fits... Kailee is still a sweet baby. Is Kenzie getting more teeth? I suggest ignoring her (ignore the negative and praise the positive... that's the elementary education motto, lol) After a few good screaming fits, she'll get better, lol. Good luck!

Ben and Summer said...

OK, this is the best idea ever. You HAVE to go on a cruise - they are so awesome! Ben and I went on one for our honeymoon - just a 3 night/4 day from LA to Ensanada, Mexico and back (don't do that one - Ensanada was lame, although the rest of it was AWESOME). We still talk about how great it was. We went on the most expensive weekend possible - end of June, but found that there were lots of great prices in May (ships travelling from down south to up north for the summer), or the time-frame you're talking about, Jan - March-ish. If you look at the right season, we found prices as low as less than $300/person. We booked through some travel website, but I don't know if the prices are really better that way or not. Some companies have discounts with certain cruise lines, so you could check on that if Lee works for a big company. Even though it was not a super exotic cruise, we absolutely loved it - our favorite part was the food (no prices on the menu - so cool!), and stopping in places like Catalina Island. There is always so much to do just on the ship too. Bahamas or Carribean would probably be even more fun. Ours was 'Carnival' and we liked their packages better than Royal Carribean etc. Good luck! (sorry so long...)

The Ballard Family said...

Hmmm...tempting. I honestly am afraid of cruises. Have you seen Titanic? Plus you have the food poisoning issue, the herding people on and off like cattle...but if it means that we get to see some old friends then I might consider! We have been looking at taking a graduation trip anyway.

Eliza said...

Another friend of mine has suggested this very thing...going on a cruise in a group that is. I think we'll probably need to wait a few years though since both of us are expecting babies this year. She and her husband did it a few years ago with a group of friends (sans kids obviously) and said it was so fun.

I am dying to go on one though. February would be the perfect time...I'm so DONE with winter by then!! Maybe February '10 will be my month.

Calley said...

Psssh, we wish! Actually I think we'll be cruising when Tyson graduates, so in two years. Maybe you'll love it so much you'll just want to go again or something?