
So a little while ago Alisha asked me "when does the whole Princess thing start?" We then went into a discussion on theory's of how the whole Disney Princess things comes about in young girls. We were both a little perplexed on how tiny girls even understand the concept of "I am a princess" when it really has never been introduced. Here is an example. I got this McDonald's crown like 3 years ago, kept it around in my dress up box.
It has since become a toy to Makenzie, but the thing is she loves it. She puts it on her head and walks around and smiles and gets a little twinkle in her eye. I wouldn't be surprised if she went into her room and came out in a fancy dress, the thing practically transforms her. The other day I even found her looking at herself in the mirror with it on. A 14 month old considers herself a princess. I guess evolution of the 21st century says that most young girls will go through a princess stage. I guess we are starting ours.
7 comments:
Hey! It's Meesa. Saw your blog on Rahcel's link. Speaking of princesses... my kid does the same thing - except she's obsessed with shoes and handbags. Stares at the mirror with them on allllll day.
Isn't it so crazy? I thought Summer was going to be a big butch with her Thomas trains the rest of her life, but about a month ago she discovered the world of the princess. Just a testimonial to your blog of course. I love how McKenzie can work that crown though :)
Like mother, like daughter! Kailee hasn't discovered the world of princesses yet, but she loves to put hats on her head and sunglasses on. That's a start. Maybe I should get her a princess crown! and some dress up clothes... maybe for her 2nd birthday!
NO!!! I'm not ready for princesses. Please make it stop. Alisha
she is so cute!
so, I have to say... speaking as the mother of a princess times 10... it doesn't get any better! Lydi's whole life is pretend. Yesterday, she was running down the hall yelling, "Aladdin, come take me away!" Her favorite thing is dressing up. She goes to balls all day every day. You are entering into an exciting time! Oh, and by the way, we changed our blog address to mattandkatiefam.blogspot.com if you want to see the fairytales continue. Haha.
Post a Comment