Sunday, July 13, 2008

4th of July Weekend


Once again we took a trip down to Richmond to spend time on the 4th with Grandma and Grandpa. And once again we had a great time. We ate steaks and burgers all weekend, seems appropriate for the holiday weekend. We went to the river. Kenzie loved the river, she thinks she can just go anywhere and do anything. She did manage to stick her entire head in the water, she screamed every time we tried to remove her from the river. Who knew she was a river rat. I on the other hand was a little grossed out by the quality of water, lets just say the whole ride home I was itching but I am also sure that the itching was all mental. We had a great time at the river though.

We also watched Be kind Rewind starring Jack Black, and I have to say that I liked it. I enjoyed that 1.5 hours of my life. And of course we saw the fire works which didn't start until 10, Kenzie was kinda losing it by then. Who else thinks they should start earlier, come on it is plenty dark at 9:15 and I know I wasn't the only one there with small kids. Happy Birthday America, we love your birthday weekend.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Wish we could have been there with the fam. Counting down until Christmas in Florida! Oh, and Makenzie has so much hair now...we love it!
-Janelle

Critchfield fam said...

I miss Kenzie... her hair is sooooo cute. Kailee and her would so be best friends right now :( We need to let them start web camming together!