Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fisher Price ain't got nothin on me


Recently a friend of mine pimped out her playroom. After I got home I told Lee "I want a pimped out playroom." He just laughed, it would be an investment if we wanted to pimp out our playroom, or start a playroom for that matter. Poor Makenzie only has baby toys. That is just something Lee and I don't buy, toys. I mean she would play with them for a week and then she wouldn't like them anymore.. so needless to say when you come to our house play time can be kind of weak. But you can run around my house screaming and pulling stuff out of drawers, that is what Kenzie does as least. So I decided in my efforts to pimp my playroom I would build Kenzie a kitchen. With a little help from some cardboard boxes, gift wrap, tape and a few nick-nacks from around the house, we have ourselves a kitchen. So maybe Lee and I can spring for some of that fake food and some fake cooking ware so Kenzie can actually play with her kitchen. We're working on a fridge next.

8 comments:

Miss Sarah in Georgia said...

(this is Lee's cousin, Sarah)

That is so cute! I am very impressed with your skills.

If you are interested, you could probably make some play food on your own with felt pieces on a velcro plate or laminated food. I feel like I've seen a picture of this somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

Another food/game idea; get colored felt pieces and matching puff balls. Put the felt pieces at the bottom of a muffin tin and have Makenzie match the colors, picking the balls up with her hands at first and later with tongs when she gets more coordinated.

(Sorry for the long comment!)

Calley said...

Ashley, this is awesome! And I really didn't know you made it until I read it. Then of course I had to enlarge the picture and such. You go girl!

Unknown said...

That is so cool!! Will and I are the same about toys. And yes REagan just ransacks our house instead:)

Eliza said...

That is too cute. How inspiring, now if only I had the energy and imagination to do something like that! I can't wait to see your new place, by the way.

Danica said...

whoa i'm literally blown away that you made that!!! you are awesome.

Rachel said...

Um...you're amazing! Honestly. I'm in shock. Way to go Ash!

William C. McCrery said...

We'd like to order one for Wyatt. Two questions: Is it a gas or an electric range? Does the microwave have a popcorn setting?

New Beginnings. said...

you are so creative- I will remember that when I start having kids