So I rarely post my inner thoughts on my blog, but I feel like I just need someone to tell me what to do. So here are my thoughts, feel free to tell me what to do.
Dilemma #1.
New York on a Young Women's trip, or Les Miserables with Lee. So for $300 dollars I can go to NY with the YW and the YW leaders to go to the temple, and see 2 Broadway shows. Sounds great, but here are the downers, and let me know if you agree or if I am just being stupid, it would be a bunch of teenagers, a few older married couples, and me. (One of these things is not like the other) I kind of feel caught between both worlds, would it just be awkward and I might spend half the time being annoying to the girls, and the other half of the time being annoying to the leaders? Is that worth $300 dollars or should I just get over it?
Dilemma #2:
Lee told me that he wanted to take me to Les Miserables (which I love) for my birthday. But I don't get to see Les Mis if I go to NY because that will take the place of Les Mis. So Les Mis with Lee, or NY with everyone else?
What should I do?
Dilemma #3:
American Idol auditions are in NJ (4.5 hours away) on a random Tuesday in August. I really want to try out and if I am going to do it, this is my year, but its so far and it could be a costly trip just to go up there and try out for American Idol, is that just stupid to spend the money when the chances of getting past the first couple auditions are very slim? Does anyone know how they do it. I know you have to stand in line forever etc. What would Kenzie and Lee do? Does anyone know anyone in NJ that wouldn't mind taking us in for a day or two? I looked at the cost of hotels, and the ones in our price range were in the Bronx, not so much where I want to stay. Any thoughts on this one?
12 comments:
I'd choose Les Mis...just because I don't like being without Alan when I'm with other couples that aren't my best friends. And, other than that...we live in NJ! We live in Madison...feel free to figure out where that is in relation to the tryouts. We'd be happy to have you and play with Kenzie!
For the first dilemma, I would figure out a way to do both. You could either go to NY and then do lawn seats for Les Mis (they are only $25...hard to see but you can hear the music and enjoy the ambience). Or, you could skip NY, go to Les Mis, and then plan a future NY trip on the cheap with Lee and Kenzie--using Priceline or something, etc. and doing cheap or free fun NY things. Or, make it a day trip.
And for American Idol, totally go for it, although I know nothing about the process. It sounds like you have a lot of people you could stay with. The Bronx isn't really so bad (okay, maybe a little scary) although it probably would be nicer to stay somewhere closer to the auditions for free. Plus, add in a day in Manhattan and there's your NY trip!
Of course, free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it, and maybe none of my ideas would work anyway. :) It all sounds like fun to me!!
Now that I have thought about this for a few minutes (I take your dilemmas very seriously Ashley) I think I would skip the YW trip. It doesn't sound like it would be as fun as time with Lee, unless you had a friend (that is, another "single" non-YW girl) there with you. And you are going to NY for AI auditions anyway.
I was just going to say that the Patton's are in NJ, but I see Sharon has already informed you. I think you should definitely try out for idol!
I'm going to agree with the others, that I would skip the NY YW trip and go to Les Mis with Lee. Which you might be able to conside the show with the trip for Idol as well. As for Idol, you could use priceline to book a hotel in the NJ area that the tryouts are at. And you can set standards and pick locations. And the biggest secret with priceline is to have one brower open to priceline and another open to www.biddingfortravel.com, which lists what bids the hotels in a priceline specific area are taking. That way you can pay the least amount for the best. We got a hotel in California for a third of the regular rate doing that. Hope this helps.
Hey Ashley,
Always go with the handsome husband. There is the whole rest of your life to go with the YW. You should for sure go for American Idol. I will be the president of your Utah Fan Club! We will be totally cheering you on!"Break a Leg."
Much love,
Laura Lee Anderson
go with your hubby, even if you'd see two shows in NYC--you'll have a better time with Lee and you can always go back to the big apple with him.:)
what the?! did i know that you sang?! i am a bad person! that is so awesome! so are these 3 events all on separate dates or do they overlap at all? because seriously, do all 3. just do it. you deserve it ashley. the young women need you; you should receive your birthday present no matter what else is going on in your life; and you have to go for your dreams. seriously.
ashley,
it's been a while since i caught up on your blog, and now looks at you...american idol? i had no idea!
okay, first of all...totally do the american idol, because i'm all for following dreams no matter how impractical it might be at the time. so do it!!! make it happen!
and secondly, i would save the ny trip for when you and lee can go and do the les mis thing now rather than the ny thing with the yw. decision made. done.
love you!
janelle
Are you kidding me? This is a joke right. Ash... you're my girl and all, but I've heard you sing...and... I don't mean to burst your bubble, but... JK! I think you have a fabulous voice! Kenzie and Lee would be bored to death and with gas money, I don't think 9 hrs. (there and back) is worth the long wait in line. Plus, you don't want to have to stay the night anywhere you don't feel comfortable. About the inner dilemma you're having... that's a tough one. Would Kenzie go with you to New York? Honestly, I'd go with Lee to Les Mis because he wants to take you and I say save the $300 and put it towards a romantic getaway for you and Lee or for some fun family vacation. Or save it for a CRUISE with the Critchfields!!
Smash:
As for the NYC trip...NYC city is amazing...but why not spend it with your husband...that way when you look back at all your pictures, there won't be a bunch of random little girls:)
Secondly... I have heard you sing. And I will judge you forever if you don't at least try. What do you have to loose? It is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Go for it. What is the worst that can happen? You become sickly rich and bathe in all your money?? Go for it girl! It would be fun!
These are easy! Choose the hubby. And Sharon will let you stay at her place for try outs! P.S. I thought you were kidding about Idol until you went into all of th details. No offense, I just have never heard you sing!
Post a Comment