Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Vacation Summed Up


Oh, where to begin. Christmas of 2008 was well....memorable. We took a trip with Lee's family down to FL to see family and soak up the rays. It all started out as a very good idea, we just had a few speed bumps along the way.

Oh the Disney excitement, this is us getting on the tram

At the beginning of the week we took a big family trip to Disney World. We were hoping for a magical experience, especially with the kiddos, what we got was:
1. Separated from the family about 4 seconds after we entered the park
2. Kicked off the Dumbo ride. (Turns out Makenzie doesn't like to fly in an elephant)
3. Larry, Keith, Sandy, Janelle and Lee all started feeling sick. (which then over the next few hour resulted in Vomiting, and lots of it)

Actually once I didn't have Makenzie to worry about anymore I loved Disney World. We stayed until almost midnight and made sure we got our $75 worth. (Janelle we are so sorry you waited for us and puked while we rode the rides). So overall Disney World was a struggle but I had a fun time.
Next Major event.
After returning home for Disney World at about 1:30am, I see Larry holding Makenzie while she is asleep on his shoulder. She had been puking for a few hours and wouldn't let him put her down. I took her from him, and held her the entire night while she slept, and puked and slept and puked. Finally at 6am, after no sleep and very little sanity, Lee decided we should take Kenzie to the ER due to amount of vomit and lack of hydration. So we spent Christmas eve in the ER in FL. Its a good thing Larry came with us because Lee himself was puking the entire time we were there and a few times on the way.

Christmas Day.

Christmas day was fun, we opened gifts and relaxed, had dinner at Dan and Bryn's and then about 5pm I knew I was next in the line of deadly rapid puke virus. So Larry and Sandy drove me and Makenzie back to the cabin where I vomited all night. I spent the next day recovering and the next day driving home. It was memorable. It is also good to be home.

Now it may have sounded like a disaster but there were some high points.
1. I was the master in President Scum
2. I actually enjoyed myself at Disney World
3. We had hot Chocolate and watched It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve (that felt like Christmas)
4. Kenzie loved playing with Claire and Jayn and Lily. She love's her cousins and it was fun to see them play together.
5. It was nice to see family and be together.
6. And during all the times I thought I might lose my mind, it was nice to reflect on the atonement and know that my Savior knew what I was feeling. It was nice to be able to think of him during the Christmas season when he is so easily forgotten in ribbons and wrapping paper.
Merry Christmas everyone. I hope everyone's Christmas was delightful.

6 comments:

Sarah Roberts said...

aside from all the vomiting- it sounds like you had a blast!

Eliza said...

oh i am so sorry about all the sickness...i feel for you sister!!!

Alisha said...

Yuck! Sorry about the puke. Did it at least come in different colors, smells, and textures - you know for varieties sake. (I hope that comment doesn't make you puke.)

So, everyone survived the long drive then...

Our trip had less puke, maybe the same dehydration issues, and lots of frustration. Ahhh - the holidays.

Sabs said...

oh man what a christmas!!!! i hate vomit.

Janelle said...

Memorable is right. But now that it's done and over with, it's strange how all the bad sickness and travel memories have faded and now all the good memories have taken over enough for me to say to myself, "That wasn't so bad. When can we do it again?" Haha! I think it will have be a couple years though. :) We miss you guys! Esp. Lily...she and Lee formed some sort of special bond of which even her father is very jealous. :)

Lindsey Bell said...

Sounds like you had a fun Christmas! At least you got to enjoy warm weather... There is usually only one person sick per Christmas in my family...I'm glad it isnt everyone!