
So I am getting a little trunky for snow. We've had a few little teasers here, a flurry every once in a while, it will even get really cold and all the clouds that were in the sky raining suddenly run away. So now it is just Freezing with clear skies. Well I tell you, I am sick of it. I want my snow. I can remember one white Christmas in my entire life in WA. And guess what, I move away and it snows like 11 feet this year. What the heck? All I want is a few inches, enough to coat the world in white. Enough for me to go play and make a snow man, and carve out a few snow angels. Is that too much to ask? Now for my most favorite snow memories.
1. When I was probably about 10 my brother came into my room at about 2 in the morning and told me to get my snow clothes on cause we were going sledding. The snow was new and fresh and we went outside and started at the top of the hill. He laid on his belly and I laid on top of him. We flew down the hill that was probably about a quarter mile long. Surrounded by nothing but the streets lights and the freshly fallen snow. It was wonderful.
2. This isn't so much a memory but just something I love about the snow. The world is so clean and unblemished for at least a little while, and have you ever noticed how quiet it is when the snow is falling. Its like the noise of the world drops a few decibels. Which brings me to memory number 3.
3. Not even so much my favorite, but I still remember it like it was yesterday. I was in 2nd grade and we were at school when it started snowing. It was right before Christmas break, and the snow just kept on coming. Well at the end of the day there was quite a bit of snow and the power had gone out. They moved all the kids into the gym and tried to get transportation home. My bus was the first to arrive (thanks to Marge who had no doubt been driving buses for at least 30 years) so we hopped on and literally slided half way home, the down hill half of course. When it got to the uphill half we were on our own, doors opened, children released. So we started walking, me and about 12 other neighborhood kids. By this time it was dark, and freezing, and the snow was still falling. I remember walking up the last hill to my house with about the 5 kids who were left, I remember looking up the hill in the dark, surrounded by nothing but a blanket of snow and I remember how peaceful and quiet it was. I just remember thinking that this was something special. And then I got home and cried because I was literally frozen. But I remember that day perfectly. That was the one year we had a white Christmas.
So all in all, just a little snow is all I want. Just something... please, anything!!!!
5 comments:
you can have our snow if you want:) I don't like it:)
My Maddie feels the same way. We lived in NY for three years where we had more snow than we wanted. Now Maddie is very disappointed in the lack of snow in Virginia.
What about the year your brother pushed you and broke your arm and said it wasn't broken and you were being a wuss except it really was broken? Did that happen in the snow?
Love ya! Bryn
All morning I've been rooting for the snow to pick up and blanket the sidewalk. But alas, it has stopped. I guess I'll settle for freezing rain. Blah!
hey there hope you get your snow but we have rain so that is good for us I guess!But still hope you get snow one day!
Post a Comment