Monday, August 24, 2009

He's Here





Austin arrived on Saturday after a long and well pretty painless labor. The worst part was I was just waiting and waiting for something to happen and it didn't for about 14 hours. Then he popped into the world. I guess he was just sick of being inside he just burst out and made a grand and now painful entrance. He weighed in at 8 lbs and was 21 inches long and he is so perfect. He looks a lot like Makenzie did when she was a newborn. He looks just like Lee from behind with all that blond hair. He is a sweet little guy and we are so happy to have him in our home. It has changed the dynamics a bit but I am sure we will make things work.

22 comments:

Staci said...

Congrats he looks so healthy and cute!

Calley said...

Congratulations you guys! I'm glad it was a painless labor. Hope you get some rest this next little while!

Lindsey said...

Congrats Ash!!! He is DARLING!! I love his name:)

Lindsey said...

PS...at your earliest convience, I need your address. I need to send you something next week:)

Ben and Summer said...

Hurray! He's perfect, for sure. What a cute little blondie! Congrats! This makes me so excited for our little guy in 2 weeks!

Tammy said...

Yay! congrats on the new arrival! He's cute! Hope you are doing ok!

Danica said...

Dude, he's so stinkin' cute!! Congrats you guys! Hope we get to see him sometime soon... Love ya and can't wait for more pics.

Eliza said...

Love the blond! My nieces are still in town so after they leave I will be giving you a call! I can't wait to give little Austin a hug and help you with whatever you need. (I'll leave my germy kids at home.)

Miss Sarah in Georgia said...

Congratulations! Welcome, Austin!

Sabs said...

hooray!!! congrats! what a cutie.

The Powells said...

Congrats! He's a cutie. Enjoy him while he's small - I keep thinking I have a small baby still - but she's 6 months already!

Stepper the Mighty said...

Hurrah! Congrats! He's so handsome...has everyone told you he looks so much like Lee?

Taunya said...

Congratulations! I was so excited to hear the great news. We are ready to help out however we can.

William C. McCrery said...

FUN! Ashley you all should come visit your folks so we can have you over for dinner.

B. Surfer said...

YEAH!!

Stefany said...

Congrats and welcome to the world Austin! He is adorable!

Alison said...

I can't believe how blonde he is! I have blonde kids now, but they always are born with brown hair so actually seeing a blonde baby is crazy to me.

Congrats Ashley, I'm so glad it's finally over for you. The last month is always the worst! He is super cute.

Janelle said...

More pictures and updates please! We're dying here! How is everything going????

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hospitals are so annoying sometimes! What else would it be that filled up towels with liquid when you're nine months pregnant, DUH!!! Well, I'm glad it went smooth after that. You've had nice deliveries with both. I remember you telling me you watched movies during labor so I was so excited and then my wasn't at all relaxed, hahaha. However, Lincoln's really was and I totally slept through a lot of it.

I'm so glad he's here. I so wish i was around to come visit him and help you guys.

(I just read your profile of Kenzie and it cracks me up!) I miss you so much!

Critchfield fam said...

He is sooooooo adorable! I totally forgot you were due so soon. I hope you're getting some sleep. I miss you girl! I love the name Austin too! It just flows with Willis!

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!

Merianne said...

What a beautiful baby! Seeing how cute & little he is makes me almost want to have another one - right now! :) Congratulations! He's so perfect!