
This is our future home. We just got the approval today!! I am actually really excited. Even though it isn't as big as we wanted, and even though it doesn't have a garage I am really happy and feel at peace. We actually didn't even walk through this home, we walked through others in this complex but I found this one on craigslist when we got home. When I opened it, I was like, this is our home. So I started the process right away. I am happy to because this one is nicer than any others that we saw in the complex and it is cheaper!!

Funny story about this house, as soon as we decided to act, I called the Bishop of the ward we will be attending. I was asking him about the area, and the ward etc. He had great things to say, which made me really happy. But funniest random fact, I told him the address, and he said, yeah I know exactly the house you are talking about, the "X" family just moved out. HA!! We tend to follow members when renting our houses. PS, another LDS family is moving to our current house as soon as we leave, so local friends, be on the lookout for this new family. They have a little 3 year old girl, and their little guy is 1 just like Austin. Funny.

So the Bishop told me that there are a ton of young families in the ward. He told me (I didn't mention anything about running) that there is a whole group of moms that run together and are training for a half marathon in November. Maybe I'll fit in?

One of the selling points for me on this house was this cute little back yard. Most of the other townhouses in this complex don't have fences, its just open. I wanted a little privacy and love the fact that the back gate opens to the Huge grassy foresty area in the back. Couldn't be happier that we back up to grass and trees. We also have two pools in the complex. Did I mention I am stoked to be in an end unit?

So its not the house of our dreams or anything, but as a rental we are pretty happy, and its great to be paying a 3rd less for rent then we do now for something bigger. Gotta love the south. We'll we hope to anyway. We sure have loved D.C
16 comments:
Love it!! I'm jealous of the fireplace...I'm kind of obsessed with fireplaces and do not have one. Who's moving in to your old place?
Their names are Justin and Lucy. They are a cute little family. It was funny because she was just standing outside looking confused when I came home from a run. Turns out they were there to look at one underneath us but no on showed up so I was like come look at mine. They liked it and now they will be the new occupants. Funny how things happen.
Looks like a great place! I'm so excited that you found a place with two pools. :) You'll have to send me an email with your address.
oooh its cute! glad you'll fit right in in no time!!
This looks beautiful!!!
And how neat that the neighbor sounds PERFECT!
So happy for you guys. When are you headed out this way again?
I didn't quite understand that you were renting this place. When you wrote "we got approval" I assumed for a mortgage. I was jumping up and down with excitement until I got to the end. It is still a great place though, especially as a rental. I'm sorry I have missed out on all your planning and packing.
Today I tried to explain to Genevieve that Kenzie was moving away and we wouldn't get to see her anymore. She thought that the easy fix would be to "just go there." Hmm, I could have thought of that. Anyway, she is excited about going to your going-away-party. Even if she doesn't understand why.
Atlanta? Just heard about some AWESOME fabrics stores in the area... seriously really sweet. You should check 'em out. Well, if you like fabric that is. hahha Forsyth Fabrics, Lewis & Sheron, Staceage. Good good stuff.
The house looks perfect. And the ward sounds perfect. I hope you LOVE it there, but I'm ready to cry. I'm going to miss you guys like crazy!!!
Aaaaa! The place looks great! And look at how big your kitchen is! You won't know what to do with all that extra cash and space. I hate that you are leaving, but I'm so glad things are working out. It couldn't happen to a better person!
It's gorgeous! I love those hardwood floors. So jealous. Hurray, new homes! Hurray, new adventures!
HURRAY FOR LITTLE BACK YARDS!
Your new place is a beauty! Love the hardwood floors, love the paint, love the big kitchen, love the adorable backyard, and love the home style. I can really picture your little family living there and I can't wait to see how you make it your own and get to know Atlanta. Enjoy the adventure and hang in there during the transition! I'm sure everyone will love you and you'll make friends so easily. Good luck with everything!
The place looks great! I'm glad you found a place that you can be happy with.
I LOVE your new place! I love the mantel on the fireplace, it's so cute! And the paint is so nice, everything looks so spacious...the little backyard is just PERFECT!!! You guys are going to LOVE it there!:)
love it! Sorry i wasn't much help... it looks like the alpharetta area but i can't tell you need to call me with all the details!
Wow... you guys moved! My Mom used to live in Atlanta! How do you like it? Beautiful home!!!!!!
Looks great Ash! How exciting. I loved how light every room was with the colorful paint colors. The mormon to mormon housing occurs all over the world, I guess. We just had a bunch of medical students move out of our ward and almost all their homes were filled with new mormon medical school families moving in!
Post a Comment