1. We moved, and so far we love it! We love our place, we love our neighbors, we love our ward, we love the area, we love the weather. I think we are going to be really happy here. We miss our friends, and we miss familiarity, we miss places we used to go etc, but we are excited to keep exploring this new phase of life.




Our new place.
2. My baby boy turned 1. I cannot begin to tell you the joy Austin has brought into my life. He came into this world as a happy kid. He is nothing but a ball of energy, love, and joy. He balances my life. He knows just how to defuse the bomb (Makenzie) and he loves her and makes her forget all her cares and sorrows. He has been exactly what our family needed and we are so blessed to have him in our lives. We cannot wait to see the wonderful person he becomes.

3. I visited Seattle, it was good to see family and old friends and go to old stomping grounds. There is nothing like going home. If only for a little while, just to remember, breath familiar air. I don't know what it is. I went back to the house and peeked in all the windows. It was weird, just another reminder that life goes on.

Katie, Laura and I. It was so good to see you girls PS why does this always happen to my pictures, why don't they flip?

Avery, my stinkin cute niece.

Laura and I, BFF!!!
4. I ran another Ragnar. It was the best!!! I had the most fabulous team. TEAM CHICA (SHOUT OUT!!) We had so much fun and we worked our butts off. I can't begin to describe the fun we had and the friendships we made. The experiences that we went through etc but we really grew close in those 2.5 days and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to run that race with some of the most spectacular women I know. Thanks Ladies!!! The best part was just being a part of the Now DC Ragnar Famous "TEAM CHICA." I think everyone knew who we were by the time the race was over. You know you rock when other teams are coming up to you saying "you're a member of Team CHICA, we heard about you!" HA. Or when Bill from USA Today stalks your team taking pictures and video taping your runners only to end up in a full interview and then telling us to look for the article in October before the Tennessee Ragnar. Wouldn't that be awesome if we made the paper?!! If anyone sees it let me know.

Team CHICA

Van 1 Minus Melissa who is actually running

The whole team menos Catherine who is also running

How freaking awesome is my team?!!

The whole crew, after 36 something hours of running we did it!!
Now I am back, adjusting to normal, whatever that is, I still have to figure that out. Life sure has tossed us around this last little bit but we are happy to have each other, and be on a new adventure together.
6 comments:
Fun to get an update on you. Way to go on the Ragnar! Zack's bro just ran it too.
Your race looks like so much fun! I want to do one of those! Your house is gorgeous and you've made it look like its yours with your great decorating. I want to call you soon! Oh, and I can't believe Austin is a year old already! Why can't they stop growing up so fast??
So fun Ashley! Your house looks lovely! So glad you guys are enjoying GA. Glad your race was so fun! We sure miss you guys! :)
Place looks great! Congrats on Ragnar! We miss you!
Lots of exclamation points!
Bye! :)
I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your new place. I loved reading about your latest adventures too. We miss you!
Hey Ashley! I left a message for Lee a few weeks back, but we'd love to have you guys over for dinner one of these nights. Where did you end up renting? I sent Lee an email today to try and set up a time. Hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment