Sunday, October 24, 2010

I think this is so funny!

So if you know Lee and I, you know that Lee has a very youthful appearance. Honestly he doesn't look as young as people think, at least not to me, and probably not to those who know him. But every once in a while we have an experience that pulls Lee back about 10 years and every time we do, I laugh and laugh because I think it is so funny. So to give you a history of our experiences I will summarize a few of my favorite moments.
Lee and I were flying out to VA for our wedding reception, in the plane on the way out there we were sitting in the emergency row. Keep in mind you have to be 15 years old in order to sit in the emergency seats. The flight attendant comes by and says "do you all think you can perform the duties noted on the safety cards?" Of course we were all "yes of course." She then looks at Lee and in a kind of little kid voice and says "and how old are you?" Lee was so caught off guard, he looked at her all confused and said "Uh, 22, and married." I was dying laughing in the seat right next to him and so were all the old men we were sitting with.
In the past few years we have had a lot of comments and similar experiences but one of my new favorites happened yesterday at Walmart. We were all there to get a few things. We needed to be at a birthday party in a little bit so I hurried to the self check out with the kids so we could be ready to go when Lee was done looking for whatever he needed. We waited about 50 feet away from the self check out when Lee came up to purchase his stuff. As he was making his purchase, the red light above his check out stand started flashing, he was then approached by the lady who worked there. She came up to him and said "excuse me, but you have to be 18 to use the self check out registers." Again with a confused and somewhat insulted look on his face he points to us and says to her "Those are my kids over there waiting for me." She didn't give him any problems after that. Again, I laughed and laughed and laughed. Maybe I shouldn't laugh too hard though because when I am old and decrepit, he is still going to look young and handsome and people will then ask us, "is this your mother?" and then I won't be laughing anymore. But until then, here's to a young and fabulously good looking husband!

7 comments:

B. Surfer said...

Hahahah Hhahaa - the same thing happens to Trev!! We should swap stories sometime. hahaha

Jessica said...

So funny!!!!

Ie Li said...

Oh Ashley, I am dying of laughter right now! We miss you guys!

Eliza said...

That is hysterical! Another funny story, I misread the first part of your post and I thought you had said you were going to a wedding reception. I thought it was a recent thing and I was trying to figure out how in the world Lee could be 22 years old and an RM with 2 kids. I'm a little slow sometimes!

I love these stories though. People used to think I looked a lot younger than I am--not anymore!!! Kids have aged me, I guess.

Jimmy and Charina said...

hhahahahahahhahaha! So funny. I haven't had any of those moments yet, but I'm sure they are to come.

PatrickandErica said...

awesome!

The Cannons said...

The first time I saw Lee I thought he was one of the Young Men. Then I saw him with you and the kids and realized he was probably older than he looks.

P.S. I miss Cox Farms too! I can't find anything that compares but I DID go waterskiing today so that will make up for it...I guess:-) 80 degrees in October. I love it here!!

P.P.S Next time Lee is confronted at the store, airplane, wherever, he should go along with it and then start making out with you right in front of them. They'll think you're a pedophile. All for giggles right?