Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Worst Baby Puberty Ever

So Makenzie all of a sudden has started the worst baby puberty ever. I am talking the worst tantrums/screaming I have ever heard. If she doesn't get her way instantaneously, its over. Life for this baby is over as we know it. Last night she was screaming bloody murder so I went in, changed her diaper, and tried to lay her back down. If I hadn't been holding her tighter she would have flailed her way out of my arms. She is so big and strong now and her lungs are quite loud. So after I tried to lay her down, she went nuts. I wish I could describe how nuts she goes. It has been happening if I won't pick her up, if I walk away, with things like toys. What is the deal? What happened to my sweet baby? Does anyone have answers, will this ever stop?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no! I wish I had advice...I'm clueless with babies, I just try to learn as I go along. Reagan cries if other people try to hold her besides Will or me. She goes NUTS if we're not around. I tried to leave her in the nursery during an enrichment activity and they had to come and find me. I was so scared b/c Reagan was having like a panic attack, breathing really suddenly and screaming. I think she was just so scared. Baby sitters are like Reagan's worst nightmare. Once we had to come all the way home from Salt Lake b/c she had cried so hard for so long that she was pucking!!! So...I just don't leave her anymore!!!! I seriously don't know if we're spoiling our first child or what. But I think they each come as their own package and they'll grow out of it. In the mean time good luck...dream of your cruise and laying out in the sun!!

Sparks Family said...

Suck it up LADY!!! No just joking.. that just means you have a very intelligent strong willed child and you have many maore fun years ahead of you. Sounds very similiar to Isaac at that age. Sydney too but she didn't start till recently and thank goodness she's talking now so that eases things quit a bit. It will be a while before your little ones talks. You have my best wishes and love and empathy!!
"Raising a strong willed child" has been a life saver for me!

Ben and Summer said...

Ditto. Emma has started to freak out if we leave the room too - sometimes even if Ben is still there and I leave. She's definitely become more strong-willed lately, and cries if I take away her toy, or whatever else I do that she doesn't like at the time. She has started to throw her head back and shake it back and forth etc. Sheesh. It can only get better... right? Good luck to all of us!

The Ballard Family said...

Actually, I think Laura hit it right on the head. When they can communicate things are easier for both the mom and child. You are the pro at this though, right? Hadlie actually threw a tantrum the other day and it totally caught me off guard. Sometimes when I abruptly take an object out of her hand that is dangerous I'll wonder to myself how much longer it will be before she freaks out when I do that. Anyway, the other day she totally threw her head back when I took a rock out of her mouth and she ended up smacking it on the cement before I could catch her.

My recommendation is to make sure you get a break so you don't go crazy! Even if that means you put her in her crib and just chill with the i-pod for a minute or two.

Remember, babies are very smart. She is probably just figuring out her boundaries right now. When you have a difficult baby that means you get an angel for a teenager, right????

The Ballard Family said...

Also, don't fall into the trap (that I often do) of convincing yourself that this is how it is ALWAYS going to be. Kids change everyday and just hope that today will be a change for the better. One day, it really will be!