Tuesday, June 3, 2008

This could be one of the saddest days ever


So I used to have 6 nalgene bottles. 6, no joke, at one time. (I won't go into the long saga of each of them) I am down to one that has no lid. What happened. Lately I've been really frustrated because I can't find a single water bottle. I am an advocate for saving the environment I never use the disposable water bottles. Why would I do that when I can fill up my own. We have a Costco pack of water bottles for emergencies, well this week I broke down and had to open it. Last week I was down to 1.5 nalgene bottles and my $2000 dollar hospital water bottle which I love that had a nice straw. Now I am down to the topless nalgene. I don't know where my black nalgene (Matrix) went and today my heart broke.
So I got this $2000 dollar water bottle when I gave birth to Makenzie, it was my hospital water bottle the great big fat ones with the straw, it has been like a second child to me. I have used it everyday since Makenzie was born, and recently Makenzie took a liking to it because it has that great straw. Well a few days ago we took it to the pool and left it there. So naturally I went back today and asked the life guard if he had seen my water bottle. He looked a little confused when I was asking for it so I started to describe it, green, cool straw etc. He gave me an evil stare and said in his russian accent "I trashed it!" I was like "no, I don't think you understand, it wasn't a little plastic bottle that you throw away." "I trashed it." I felt like Rocky in Rocky 4 when Drago says in his Russian accent (coincidence I think not) "I crush you!" My heart shattered into a million pieces and I almost ran off the other way crying. Instead I held it together and tried to figure out why he didn't just put it in the little pool room and wait for someone to come get it. I mean who throws away a real water bottle?
So like I said I am down to 1 completely useless nalgene and for that reason had to break into my emergency stash. When you see me drinking out of my Kirkland signatures this week, don't judge me, I promise to recycle them, at least until Matrix finds his way home.

9 comments:

Brighten said...

So it's been a while since I've been "blogging" thus i had some catching up to do and I just was smiling and laughing the whole time I read yours. I had no idea about the water bottle issue. I have seen those life guards and I think together we can take him. Just give me the signal, we'll load up the babies. Needless to say that will be that last water bottle he'll think to throw away!

Unknown said...

I use that water bottle everyday too!!! It honestly is great, I told Will I could hardly wait to have another baby so I could get another one!!!
I've been through several nalgenes too. You become pretty darn attached to those things b/c they go with you EVERYWHERE. Like Matrix, I had one with a name too, her name was Ruby (deep red nalgene) she's long gone.....I empathize

Adri said...

You have always loved Nalgene bottles!! I really don't know anyone who loves them like you do. I share your affection for those hospital bottles, too. They're awesome. I'm sorry about your situation though, I'm sure Matrix will turn up somewhere.

Talai said...

I really don't find joy in your misery, but I laughed at the "I trashed it" statement. Those Russians. I found a REALLY great water bottle at Target with a great straw. It twists around and closes too so that you don't worry about spilage when you bring it with you. I also have very strong feelings about my water bottle, it's nearly romantic.

Lindsay said...

After this testimonial I am going to have to get myself a Nalgene. I usualy just search for water fountains or drink out of the same glass all day long. I'd love a bottle I can run around with. I sure hope your luck turns around.

Danica said...

So give me your address and if I can find my hospital water bottle I'll mail it to you. :) You are so cute. And I'm being serious about mailing it.

Eliza said...

"I crush you." I am still laughing. Our lifeguards are always Russian too. (different ones every summer) I am not sure what this phenomenon is all about.

I have never even heard of these hospital water bottles. I guess I delivered at the wrong hospital.

Here's your chance to get a metal water bottle. Actually I am really thinking about getting one. I will let you know how it turns out.

Stepper the Mighty said...

(sob) that is SO sad! (sniffle)

what a fate for your trusty waterbottle friend.

I read this and I was like, "BILL! I need to mail her mine!" (speaking of the hospital variety). Looks like I wasn't the only one with that idea.

we sympathize with your plight. Waterbottles are my little friends, too.

and now...you shall hear the slosh, slosh no more. heartbreaking.

Daniel said...

Hey - so what's up with Russian lifeguards at pools? I think it's some sort of conspiracy. We had a Russian lifeguard at my pool last year, and we have one again this year!

At the pool today, I noticed we had someone other than the usual Russian. I asked her if she was subbing. She just looked at me funny. I asked her again and she said something in a broken English with a Russian accent! I'm baffled.