Friday, February 27, 2009
The Groggy After Nap
So due to recent developments in my life, well mostly just being pregnant I find myself tired, a lot. By the time Kenzie's nap rolls around I am wasted. Then there is always the dilemma of clean my ever disgusting house, take a shower, or one of the 100 other productive things I could be doing, or... Do I take the nap? Now the nap is a funny thing to me, while in it, I feel like I am in a coma, just dead to the world. It feels good but as soon as I start to wake up, or I hear her cry, the after nap hits me. That horrible groggy so tired and even more exhausted feeling takes me over. And often times I feel worse when I wake up, but at least my body is more rested right? Then why don't I feel like it? Is there some trick that I don't know about that eliminates that terrible after nap experience? Or is this just a plague doomed to haunt the lazy and pregnant? If you have any secrets really I would love to know them. Right now I am experiencing a massive dosage of the after nap, I am just hoping it goes away before I go to sleep tonight, I am feeling it big time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, I think I have probably told you this, but I can't take naps and part of the reason is because of what you just said. I always feel worse after a nap. I would rather hold on for dear life and go to bed early if I am that tired then try and take a nap. If you figure it out how to do it right then let me know. But for now, I haven't taken a nap in forever, even when I was pregnant.
Regardless of the after-nap-effects take the nap. Because really, what would you be doing otherwise? Maybe wasting all the precious nap time blogging or glued to facebook. Take the nap.
Post a Comment