Sunday, February 8, 2009

The weird things our children do

So Makenzie used to be so predictable when it came to bed time. She had a monkey and a blanket. Then the monkey turned into "Monkey and Froggy". Then it turned into "two blankets" then "three blankets." Then she started hording toys at bed time. She would see how much she could gather in her arms and then she would take it to bed with her. Lee and I haven't really protested at all because well I don't care if she wants to sleep in a crib full of toys. The other night it was her baby piano and lap top. She played her piano for about 20 minutes then fell asleep. Today for nap it was all ten finger puppets, monkey, froggy, 3 blankets, all three fabric books she owns, a pad of paper, kermit, and her magna doodle. She tried to throw a pen in there probably to go with her pad of paper, I took that out. Come on I have some limits. And she went right down, snuggling with her magna doodle and monkey. What weird things do your kids do?

12 comments:

Eliza said...

Theo often goes to bed with books in his crib. At times it has gone up to 9 or 10 books in there (and he sleeps in a Pack'n'Play--not a lot of room) before I realize what's happened. I try to limit it to 2 or 3 these days. It keeps them happy, as long as they can't choke on it or poke their eyes out, I say who cares what they have in there? As long as they sleep of course.

Sarah Roberts said...

wow- that is pretty hilarious.

Calley said...

Eeeyikes! Summer does the exact same thing...except if you try to take things out of her bed while she's sleeping, at 2 am you'll hear a "MOM! I need FOUR books! You took them from ME!" And I'll go in there and throw a book on her bed so she'll be quiet. Then I'll hear a "MOM, this is one book, I need FOUR books." Gah!

Talai said...

Okay, this is more a comment for the "I'm tired" post, but WHY DIDN"T YOU CALL ME?? I didn't know you were on your death bed and feel bad I wasn't there to help. Isn't this flu thing the worst!! I've never seen anything like it. On another subject, I think it is really funny all the stuff Kenzie wants to take to bed. Owen is still just a binki blanket kid.

Sabs said...

ha ha this is so great. i wish kolby would just sleep in the toy room so i wouldn't have to bring the toy room to him every night:) olivia has just started loading up her crib too. hmmm i don't have a surplus of energy but we've got plenty'o sun. come visit me!

Staci said...

Hey that totally sounds like Mason he has to have 5 blankets and his family of doggies daddy doggie mommy doggie and baby doggie its awesome!

Anonymous said...

kenzie you are one funny girl but remember mommy will catch you with the pen! From your cousion Kate:)

Critchfield fam said...

That's hilarious. Kailee sleeps with 1st her blankie, then she added her bear, then her bunny, then her little baby doll. That's my limit. She has tried a few times to add more toys to her crib and I said no because I figured she'd play instead of sleep. I guess maybe she won't. You should take a picture of Makenzie with everything she sleeps with; that's hilarious!

Adri said...

That's so funny . . . something to look forward to, it sounds like. Chandler is to young to care about his toys but he does sleep really weird. He has to have his face smashed against something - a pillow, the crib bumper, or me - or he won't sleep.

William C. McCrery said...

Wyatt smashes himself into the corner of the crib, too!

But, no toys. Stepper did discover the "magic blanket" that makes him nap for an extra hour. It has the alphabet, and Care Bears on it. I figure the risk to his manhood is outweighed by the extra sleep.

Taunya said...

All three of my kids will not go to bed without their books, cup of water, and special blanket. Maddie and Allie have trained Caleb in this routine. Every night they throw all kinds of things in his bed.

Janelle said...

Hahahahahahahaha