Monday, October 5, 2009

Just Annoyed

So this is one of my complaining posts, so if you don't want to hear it, don't read it. Kenzie woke up in probably the worlds worst moods, like screaming uncontrollably, throwing things, pushing me etc. On top of that I think Austin has come down with a cold. But to make matters worse we are stuck for 3 days. They are repaving our parking lot (why, there was nothing wrong with it?) So we aren't allowed to park in our lot until Wednesday night. Well that makes it pretty hard for a mom with 2 kids. If I want to get out of my complex I have to off road in the woods behind my house (which is a little too bumpy of a ride for Austin) because there is no sidewalk that connects me to the road. Who designed this place? My car is at the Jones' so after I off road out of my complex I then have to hike it to Melissa's to get into my car. I also have been needing to make a Costco run for quite some time, I noticed today we only have a handful of Kenzie diapers left so the clock is ticking. But then the question is, how do you make a Costco run, and then carry it a quarter of a mile and up 3 flights of stairs to your house? So realistically Costco will have to wait, and so will the grocery store, and when we are starving and out of food on Wednesday I'll curse the Condo's name and blame them for the fact that I've been a moody mom because they have made my life so inconvenient. In addition to that, they just informed me that they are going to paint my front door and that I have to keep it open for 2 hours so that it can dry. I love when my whole house smells like paint (especially with a newborn), and maybe I should just throw a welcoming party for all the bugs who decided that the front door means an open invitation. On a slightly humbled note, I'll admit, better planning on my part would have been good, but I'm going on an average of 5 hours of sleep a night, I live with a 2 year old and a newborn, I can only be held slightly responsible. So if you are walking by my complex this week and hear the faint sounds of crying and screaming, its probably me and the children high on paint fumes and held captive by the asphalt monsters that crowd the exits of our complex.

7 comments:

Sabs said...

how terrible! if i lived just a wee closer i would totally go to Costco for you and hike up to your wet door to drop it off:)

Talai said...

Aaaa! That sounds terrible! Maybe this is a good time to take me up on that birthday coupon I gave you. You should drop them off this afternoon and just go home and watch a movie. You should, really, if your reading this right now, pick up the phone...right now...

Critchfield fam said...

So hilarious!! Well, if you're getting more sleep by December and would like to come visit us in NC for a night or two, let us know!! There's a room for you guys with a closet big enough for Austin to sleep in! Or we could meet you halfway for a picnic or lunch date or something. No pressure. We just miss you guys.

The Powells said...

you make the situation seem slightly humorous with the way you wrote it... though I know it's not. Especially to you. Hang in there... I'm just a few months slightly ahead of you on the new baby with a toddler stage. It's still hard, but getting easier. Perhaps just screaming at the paving machine would help? ;)

Ben and Summer said...

I hear you on the newborn and 2 year old - it's so hard to go anywhere! I don't blame you for not going out. Maybe lee or someone in the ward can watch the kiddos while you get some much-needed you-time and diapers? GOOD luck!

Staci said...

I love the vent posts they are def. needed sometimes. i swear they painted our front door when brax was a baby and i was so mad o well1

Nat-a-baby said...

Not gonna lie, I had to chuckle at this story... mostly because of how well you did writing exactly how you would have told the story out loud. I miss you! Good luck with everything in the next couple days.