Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Festivities



Thanksgiving was a good day for us. Lee and I decided to run a 5K Turkey Trot that morning in order to counter balance the major quantity of calories we would consume for dinner. As always we slid in right on time and we had a lot of fun. I love the feel of running with a community. Everyone was so happy and shouting "Happy Thanksgiving." People were sitting and watching in their driveways, cheering us on, and I could smell the faint smell of turkeys cooking. It was a beautiful day, perfect running weather, not too hot, not too cold, just right. I finished at an impressive 800 something, and Lee placed in the 200's. I ran in 32 minutes and he ran in 22 minutes. 3000+ people ran the race and I even saw a turkey running it.

Later that day we headed down to Richmond and celebrated Thanksgiving with Lee's parents. It was a marvelous traditional feast, and we sure did feast. It was a great day full of fun, food, and much thanks for all the blessings we have been given.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

way to go you turkey trotters! where were your turkey costumes?? i'm jealous of your workout and of your nice weather!

Sabs said...

whoa...I haven't been on in awhile! Look at you all super skinny runner! I tried running 1 mile 3 days in a row and decided I hate it:) what are you doing for xmas?

Critchfield fam said...

It wouldn't surprise me to see Lee running in one of those turkey outfits. It would be so funny because his legs are probably so skinny. I can't see you as being bold enough to wear it, lol.

Critchfield fam said...

No worries about Makenzie not crawling... some babies never do. That's funny. Just keep trying and maybe she will, if not... one day she'll just start walking!

Critchfield fam said...

OH my gosh... Kailee has the same courtesy smile. She gives it to us all the time, it's hilarious. I can't wait to see Kenzie again!

Lindsey said...

I would run too...if I was going to be eatten for dinner:) I am proud of the little turkey...and you too!! good job! kenz is so adorable!!