Thursday, November 1, 2007

Back to the Motherland


Last week Lee and I got to go visit the motherland for the first time since we graduated. Provo used to be so care free in our eyes. Little responsibility, late nights, friends, fast food etc. This time it was a little different. Lee and I got to take a much desired trip back to Wymount to eat dinner with some friends. Last year in Wymount we all used to get together and have dinner and play games together, those nights were the source of many good memories and many late nights. This time it was a little different. Instead of enjoying every delicious bite of Brad's tacos, I scarfed them down as if my life depended on it, and instead of thinking about clever answers for Loaded Questions, I was thinking about clever ways to make Makenzie fall asleep. See this time last year, none of us had children, now almost all of us are enjoying the presence of a little one. So instead of late nights and laughs, we enjoy earlier nights and the cries of young babies.
Sometimes when I find myself checked out mentally I think about the good old days and for a moment wish I could be back, but I wouldn't trade in Makenzie, not for anything.

8 comments:

Sparks Family said...

Oh WOW!!! I miss wymount! I love all of you ladies!!!

Sparks Family said...

I'd love to see all of those babies in person. Its crazy to hear myself say that I'm homesick for Provo, but I totally am. Add pregnancy hormaones to it and I'm almost in tears.

Calley said...

Jealous! Thanks for taking the adventure, so that I can in turn live it vicariously through you. All your babies are adorable!

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

The joys of motherhood! That is fun that you could go back and visit!

Janelle said...

Great post. I especially love the Motherland pun.
Janelle

Critchfield fam said...

What beautiful friends you have! It was so fun seeing you! Come again!! Hope to see you at Christmas!

Sabs said...

Here's to the good 'ol days:) By the way...You look so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Email me those pictures!!! They are darling! We had so much fun seeing you guys!(how did you get that mail link? Is that how people can leave comments who don't have gmail?)