Saturday, April 5, 2008

Baby Loves Disco


I've been looking forward to Baby Loves Disco for a long time. I mean a baby/ parent dance party, what more could you ask for. So we ventured in to D.C. today and let me tell you, driving in D.C. is awful, the place is a zoo, the chances of getting lost are 99 in 100. Anyway we got to the address and we were a little nervous seeing as how it was in probably the worst part of D.C. Lee and I had to park 2 blocks away and I felt a little out of place walking down these streets. Lets just say Lee and I were the minority. So besides the fact that I feared for my life the entire walk there, and the entire walk back, and then some of the drive after that, we had a great time.

At first Kenzie was a little scared, but she slowly warmed up. We got our groove on, tore up the dance floor all three of us, we may even be in the Washington Post. (One of the photographers from the post was taking pictures of us and asked for our names for the newspaper, he told us to keep our eyes out for it in the next couple of weeks.) So maybe we will be famous. So after Kenzie got really comfortable and wanted to explore everything it was time to leave. She screamed when we tried to make her leave, I guess that means she had a great time. She even fell asleep from all the dancing on the way home.




So was it worth the $12 per walking human? Maybe if it were a little closer, in a better area, and a little bigger. But we had a great time and we might make this a twice a year type of deal. If you don't know what Baby Loves Disco is, check it out. There may be one near you, and it is worth trying out, at least just once.

4 comments:

Calley said...

Fun! I've been looking for a testimonial of Baby Loves Disco. They have them here in Seattle a lot, but I've never found anyone up to the adventure. Its a shame you're in Virginia! But I'm glad you guys had fun, and let me know if you become newspaper stars.

Lindsey said...

How funny!! That is awesome! She's just like her mom!!

Sarah Roberts said...

how fun! That is awesome DC puts on family friendly activities.

The Ballard Family said...

You guys crack me up!