Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Time: 11:59 Cutting it WAY TOO CLOSE

So Lee has been working on taxes on and off for the last few weeks. He informs me today that UT state taxes are due today. He didn't start them until about 10pm tonight, we just sealed the envelope about 4 minutes ago, and he is in the car on the way to the post office right now, it is now 11:59pm. Remind me to buy Turbo Tax next year. P.S Lee just informed me that it was 11:59 when he arrived, "Last person they let in!" Then he gave me a high five, does that call for a celebration? Mostly I am just really tired and think this whole thing could have been avoided.

6 comments:

Sabs said...

yikes! you two are crazy! Now that's liven' on the edge:) I wanted the money fast so I took ours to the public library where they do them for free.

Eliza said...

That's one thing great about VA taxes...I think they aren't due for like 2 more weeks!

This is the first year that we haven't had multiple states to do. Utah and California, DC and Virginia and Utah, DC and Maryland and Virginia...blah!

I miss the good old days of taking my info to the Tanner Building and letting someone there do it for free!

Rachel said...

BAHAHAHA!!! I love it!

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

Amen Eliza, I missed the Tanner building this year, took like 10 minutes I just had to sign my name. Ah the good old days.

New Beginnings. said...

aah- that's stressful!

Unknown said...

I totally understand. (I don't do taxes so I can't not complaining) but I will tell you Will didn't start our taxes till the 14th. He had been meaning to and then just didn't find the time to sit down and do it. He was soooo stressed on that night. He realized we didn't have certain forms we needed...ah I hate these things! Then on the 15th he finally got them done. I agree, too close, too stressful. I'd love to say we'll do better next year but I can't guarantee!