Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I spaced and was in another time and place

Ever have those moments where it feels like you are actually in another time and place? Today I had one of those. I was sitting at my computer (Kenzie underneath the desk beneath me), Austin on the floor right next to me and I stared out the window. Dave Matthews "Spoon" was playing on the computer, I was counting to 10 in Spanish and in those ten seconds I was in another world. I was staring out my bedroom window in Seattle 10 years earlier watching the light snow fall listening to the same song. Thoughts of a past life came back to me, mostly thoughts and feelings of myself, the only person I used to worry about. In the back of my mind were thoughts of school or work, but the thought of children never entered my mind, it was all about me. Then after I said "Diez" Kenzie screamed "Mommy find me!!" (The reason I was counting to 10 in Spanish in the first place) and I was whipped back into my present life, The snow falling outside was now in my hometown, the song was 10 years older than I had remembered it, and the only thoughts and responsibilities I had were of my family. Don't get me wrong, I love my present life, I wouldn't have it any other way, but that unexpected 10 second getaway sure was peaceful, and lonely (in a good way), two things I don't experience much anymore. So for now I'll enjoy life as it is and when another 10 second escape comes my way I'll be grateful.

For flashback purposes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd9jVshW7qU

No comments: