Sunday, May 24, 2009
It took a mental break down, but I got what I want
So life has been tough, I'm not gonna lie. Lee works seriously like all day from like 8am to 11pm. That leaves very little time for family etc. He hates it, I hate it, we have a 2 year old, that and a few other things were just enough to make me snap last week. I told Lee if I didn't have something to look forward to I might lose my mind and be one of those crazy moms who does something terrible to her kids. Lee in accordance with my thoughts (that sounds so much better in Spanish, I can't think of a good way to say it in English... its late, you would think my English would be better than my Spanish) told me we needed a summer vacation. So we are going on one. In a few weeks we are going to VA Beach for Massages, Pedicures, laying out on the beach, going to the pool, and dinner cruising the night away. I am so excited and feel a sense of rejuvenation. Having something to look forward to seriously helps. Not to say that vacations solve all your problems but it will be some much needed time that Lee and I need to spend together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
This summer is the best time to join educational programs that will teach in keeping Kids Safe without Fear. A bonding experience that the whole family will enjoy.
Hmm, spammer comment!
Anyway, I'm sorry about the insanity as of late. You know what's funny, is right after I bragged to you about how Matt has been coming home at 6 p.m. every day and earlier on Fridays--the same day in fact--he came home and announced that he got a new project and those hours are no more. In fact he worked Saturday and is working today (Memorial Day). I'd call and see if Lee's working today and you want to hang out but as luck would have it, both kids are sick as dogs! Awesome!
That said, the VA Beach vacay sounds awesome. I love the beach. The only time I've been to VB actually it rained the whole time...haha...but I'm sure it won't for you. I love east coast beaches, the cute boardwalks and warm water.
that is awesome- although I do not have kids I understand how hard it is not to have anything to look forward to - it really mkes me depressed
Yay for vacations! I know the feeling of wanting something to look forward to. I think thats the only thing I miss about school - you're always moving toward something. Then it ends and its like "okay now what?" I hope you guys have fun!
Oh, I am so, so happy for you guys. You deserve a vacation so much, Ashley. It sounds like you have some great plans, too. Keith bought me a massage for Mother's Day and I just died and went to heaven for that hour. Can't wait to hear how the getaway goes. Hang in there...only a couple more weeks!
Okay, so we live in this totally affluent neighborhood with tons of people that started out just like you guys did. I am all about hearing how "they did it" and that's the secret! You HAVE to have something to look forward to otherwise you are just miserable for no reason. Good job guys, you figured it out~ Don't worry you are not the only one but be happy that you figured it out before you went crazy!
Post a Comment