So this is more of a blog of my mind. I just got done looking at pictures mostly of myself from other people on facebook and I started to get a little depressed. I looked so good in the pictures and now I feel like a mammoth beast. Ok I realize I am prego sauce but no matter what I do I can't control the weight gain. I eat very little more than I used to, I don't exercise as much, but I do exercise and yet the weight seems to pour on. I'm not talking like a few pounds every doctors apt. I am talking at leave 5+ in 4 weeks. I was 150 at my last apt, I have one this week and I just weighed in at 157.75 or something ridiculous like that. Every time I go to the doctors they tell me, "watch the weight gain." Every time they say that, I want to be like "look, I'm not doing much different I am just bound to gain at least 40 lbs alright." I can't remember what I gained with Kenzie, I want to say about 40, but that is a lot. I can't imagine weighing 170 but with 3 months left, I am well on my way to 170 and above. Please tell me you gained a lot of weight and you couldn't control it. If you gained 25lbs and ate everything you ever wanted I don't want to hear a word.
PS... It wasn't intentional that I used a Ragnar photo but I am still bitter I can't do it this year. Alisha told me I wasn't invited, so I have to just get over it. (really I am ok) but it will be hard to see all my friends in the best shape of their lives and me, complete with baby fat, huge boobs (nursing, TMI?) and curves that rival the rockies. Hopefully when I see that little baby face it will all be worth it. Looking at Kenzie's two year old face while she is endlessly screaming at me lately has made me wonder.
21 comments:
Ashley, you are so hilarious. I think every pregnant woman must feel this way at some point. You definitely don't look big to me and you are one of the most beautiful girls I know.
What is so funny is that women complain about their curves, and yet it's what their husbands love about them. Some days I succeed at embracing these hips that have granted me relatively easy childbirths, and some days I'm not so successful.
Do I need to come over and remind you how good you look? Cuz you do.
you can do it!! Although I have not yet experienced pregoness I understand weight gain- I have gained a ton of weight since I moved in abot a months time and that is wih exercising like crazy....it sux- but I am sure you look beautiful- you looked great when you were prego with the lil kenz monster and then you were like back to preprego after she was born so just remember it will all be over and you will be able to get in shape easy
I always (I can say that now bc I've had 3 babies) gain 40+. This baby was good to me though and took 30 of it with her when she exited. :) Still have some left to go though. I like being a little more plump anyway though. You will totally shed the pounds in no time pushing that double jogger around anyway. Forget about it! Stress can make you gain weight too (I learned that from Biggest Loser)...and lack of sleep. Take naps and take comfort knowing that when it's over you won't remember half of the fatness and discomfort. Ugh! I hate being pregnant.
Ashley - I feel your pain! With Tyson (my first) I gained 60 lbs. YES, 60lbs. The morning I went into labor with him I weighed 182. I ran until I was 5 months prego with him and that didn't help either. You're in good company, don't worry. And even though it's a lot of weight gain.. you'll lose it. It just takes patience and work! Do you have an invite to my blog? Just email me and I'll send you one. jenniferpowell.22(at)gmail(dot)com
I gained around 50 pounds when I was preggo with Madison. And slowly but surly I was able to loose it eventually. You'll be just fine. :)
I didn't gain all that much but was STILL at 170 with Cami, so what does that tell you??? You HAVE to gain quite a bit b/c you are TINY when you get pregnant. If you're like me and have blubber to spare then you don't gain as much. I am sorry, I hate the pregnant mindframe of feeling so yucky about yourself and not having control over it. Be glad that in between preggers you look like a million bucks - it will fall off again since you work your butt off!
I won't even talk numbers because what you weight now is close to what I weighed in at my first appt. Unfortunately I was way out of shape when I got pregnant this time, but did exersize (run) a lot the first 3 months, and didn't feel like I could control the weight gain. HOWEVER, mine is because of my eating habits, I'm sure. SO, if you're eating right and exersizing, then no worries! Your body will do what it needs to to make a healthy little baby, and it will totally be worth it (when are you due again?), AND, you will lose the weight so fast after because you're exersizing right now. Good job! I love being pregnant because of the little guy, but hate being extra fat and prego during the summer! Agh! (The Dr. just told me I had gained way too much weight this last time - I decided I don't like him.)
Oh Man the flashbacks came when I was reading your blog. I gain 40-45 with each baby. I know youre thinking who cares. But the first 20 week I gain 5 or under. The next 20 I ain the rest. Each pregnancy was the same and each time I was really depressed coming home from the doc app with an extra 5 or more poundage. And yes 2 years old is really hard. So is 4 and 5 or having a 5 ,3 ,and 1 year old.
Take my advice and join a gym that has daycare and get a therapist. Its done wonders for me. These are really hard years, but everyone tells me I'll miss them when they are gone. (so they say!)
love you guys!!!
I won't pity, but I will sympathize. With Theo I gained 40+ pounds (I'm not totally sure on the number, because I stopped looking at the scale once I topped 40!) And I totally got the speech every time about how I needed to watch my weight gain--especially near the end, when I gained 5 lbs in one week--twice.
I think that doctors give everyone that speech who gains more than 25 or so pounds. (In other words...almost everyone?) I kinda think it's a blanket effort to combat gestational diabetes, but I think doctors could show a little more restraint. True, there are women out there who have unhealthy pregnancies (not saying that is the same as gestational diabetes, sometimes women get that no matter what they eat) and think that pregnancy is a license to forgo nutrition in favor of quick calories. You're SUPPOSED to gain all that weight. If you are getting exercise and eating enough veggies and grains and iron to balance out the cravings, then that's exactly what your baby needs you to do.
Wow this is a long comment. I just wanted to say that I have been there. Also, something that happened to me with my second pregnancy might happen to you: every appointment up until about 7 months or so, I was "measuring big." I mean like people thought I was 6 months pregnant when I was 4 months, and I got comments from perfect strangers thinking I was having twins. Then all of a sudden it plateaued and I was "normal" (whatever that means). Whereas with my first pregnancy it was the opposite--I gained hardly anything at first, then starting about halfway through I just packed on the pounds.
Also, I feel you on the Ragnar jealousy. When you guys sauntered up looking all hot and healthy at the ward picnic last year when I was 38 weeks pregnant and no longer fitting in my maternity clothes--not to mention the fact that I couldn't jog 10 steps without peeing my pants or my hip bones coming out of their sockets--talk about TMI!--I crossed my fingers that someday, after my baby was born and I got through the months of sweaty, big-boobs new-mom body, I would feel that way again.
It will happen. :)
BTW, side note. You are totally a hot pregnant lady. I was thinking when you came over the other day, you really looked beautiful, and I promise I don't say things like that when I don't mean it!
I agree with Eliza. Doctors give that line to everybody which suprises me because you'd think OB's would understand and be sensitive to hormonal-pregnant women.
Speaking of pregnant bodies I wish I could have pregnant boobs without the belly. That would be hot. But alas, they die a slow painful death along with the belly fat.
I hope I haven't offended you by saying "You're not invited." I just feel like I have to be firm with you so you don't show up at the starting line with your brand new baby in a bjorn. Because, I get the vibe that you might try...you know you would.
You're right though. When you look into baby's eyes (I am still estatic that it will be a suprise!) it will be worth it.
Remember that it took 9 months for your body to fatten up so give your body 9 months to slim down. (I'm not calling you fat it just sounded better to write it that way.)
Smash, i'm prego right now - i'm barely over 20 weeks and i've already gained 35lbs. I'm well on my way to a solid 50lb weight gain with this sucker. At least we're in good company, eh?
my old OB had a pic of a sheep above the scale... it said "Ewe not fat, ewe fluffy". However looking back at pics of me prego I suddenly realized that when people tell pregnant women that they look great they are almost always lying! Sorry you feel "fluffy". Although now i wish that i was prego so at least i had an excuse, I'm wearing the shorts i had to buy right after i had olivia...stupid weight....stupid donut i just ate for lunch:)
I feel ya! I made it to 212 with Chandler . . . yikes! I gained a lot even though I exercised as much as my body would let me (eventually I couldn't fit my feet in my shoes). Although I did eat Arby's. Lots and lots of Arby's. That was probably my problem. But I figure I had a healthy kid - no NICU, no scares, nothing wrong at all - so I'll take the weight if its what my body needs to do to make a healthy baby.
Hang in there! I know you'll get your hot bod back!
Just the other day I was thinking how small you looked. No kidding! I add my comments to the others, you are so beautiful. I think we all feel larger than we really are.
I feel your pain! With Wyatt, I went from 120 (just after getting married) to 175 (just after having Wyatt, less than a year later).
I BALLOONED!
It's so discouraging, and all the comments about "watch the weight" are so aggravating, because you're like...I am watching it! I can't help but watch it! It's rising right before my eyes!
The only consolation I can give you is that you lost it with McKenzie and you'll lose it with this one. Some women just gain weight with pregnancy. Doesn't mean you're not healthy. You're not sitting around on the couch eating potato chips and sipping an ice cream smoothie (ooh, that sounds good right now. Darn pregnancy!), so you don't need to worry! The weight you're gaining is pregnancy weight. It'll come off.
And I never ran a marathon of any kind (the Mary G Komen race for the cure doesn't count) so I still think you are a brat in better shape than me (because you are!).
Smash,
Don't worry about it. Is SMALLS gaing the weight with you>?? I was down to 230 when Staci got pregnat with Braxton, and I gained 50 lbs of smypathy weight for her. (that way she still felt HOT) Enjoy being prego, and don't worry what the doctors say about the weight gain, and relax, you will lose it again.
Ashley, you are hilarious. That picture of you is how you looked even after Makenzie. Everyone gains weight and I'm sure you'll lose it again after this baby. It just takes time. All it is is more to love baby! And yes, it is sooooooo worth it. Even if they do someday turn 2 and start throwing tantrums, lol. I think you are hot stuff girl!! These are the days when we sacrifice our bodies for our babies!! I miss you!!!!!!
This post made me feel so sad for you! I am glad you are honest though. I'm sure you are not looking as huge as you are feeling though. That is very frustrating that the Dr. keeps telling you to watch you weight! I'd probably want to scream at him! Well.. hang in there! i still love you and think you are so wonderful!
Don't worry -if you can look amazing after the first, you can can again after the second! I gained over 45lbs with Payson (and he was a very small baby) - I think for some people they just store up a bunch for the unknown future of nursing and exhaustion! Eat like you always eat, exercise when if feels good, and listen to your body, it knows.
It looks like you have had a lot of people remind you, but in case you need another, you look totally hot pregnant. Trust me, I can see that because I just saw you in a swimsuit! You looked super Hot! And, if it makes you feel even better, I gained 60 lbs. with Owen and there was one appointment where I gained 15 lbs. in one week. Those who aren't prego (like me) look at girls like you and think you look beautiful and want to be in your place.
Post a Comment